The pocket-sized verifiable identity card can be obtained at a nominal price of Rs 50. It is easy to carry, more durable and is instantly verifiable online.
In a tweet, UIDAI said: “Loaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable offline.”
#AadhaarInYourWalletLoaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carr… https://t.co/epjizmmjAT
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1602479923000
“Your identity can now be verified offline instantly by scanning the QR code on your new Aadhaar PVC card from mAadhaar app or authorized windows scanner,” it added.
#AadhaarInYourWalletYour identity can now be verified offline instantly by scanning the QR code on your new Aadhaa… https://t.co/59pJ6LYjPp
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1602653328000
The new Aadhaar PVC Card comes with enhanced security features like QR code with photograph and demographic details, hologram, micro text, ghost image, issue and print date, and has an embossed Aadhaar logo.
In case a person’s mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, the PVC card can be ordered using a non-registered or alternate mobile number.
How to apply for Aadhaar PVC card:
* On the UIDAI website, go to ‘My Aadhaar Tab’ and select ‘Order Aadhaar PVC’
* In the new tab, either enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, 16-digit virutal ID or 28-digit enrolment ID and enter security code.
* If your mobile number is not registered, select the tick box and enter the non registered or alternative mobile number.
* Click on ‘Send OTP’ and enter it once you receive the OTP. The OTP will be valid for 10 minutes.
* Select the check box against ‘Terms & Conditions’ and click on ‘Submit’
* Registered mobile users will be able to see the preview of the Aadhaar Card for verification. However, this facility is not available if mobile number is not registered.
* Make payment and download the receipt.
* You will then receive an SMS with the 28-digit service request number (SRN) on your mobile number.
According to FAQs (frequently asked questions) released by the UIDAI, a person will receive the printed PVC card within 5 working days after making the request. It will be delivered using speed post services.
All forms of Aadhaar (eAadhhar, mAadhaar, Aadhaar letter, Aadhaar card) are equally valid. The resident has the choice to use any of these forms of Aadhaar issued by UIDAI.
The ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’ service is available online on demand for the residents similar to online ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ Service.